Throwing weapon names are a great way to help your child become more imaginative, and they can be used for gaming, story-making, social media and so much more.
They, however, are a big hassle to think up. Maybe it doesn’t bother you, but for others, it’s a time-consuming process they’d like to skip.
If you are looking for a throwing weapon name, it can be tough to find something unique. With that in mind, let’s look at some of the most popular throwing weapon names out there.
Throwing Weapon Names
Hese are the cool and catcy throwing weapon names:
- Soul Infused Throwing Blade
- Defiling Javelin
- Brutal Shuriken
- Bolt, Boon of the Wolf
- Fluke, Tribute of Darkness
- Glance, Bruiser of Burdens
- Skyfall Dart
- Doom’s Throwing Knife
- Antique Hurlbat
- Squinch, Atlatl of the Forest
- Agony, Promise of Blood
- Mud, Call of the Breaking Storm
- Deluded Tomahawk
- Banished Harpoon
- Storm-Forged Harpoon
- Jolt, Last Stand of Visions
- Plunk, Defender of Blessed Fortune
- Cosmos, Might of the Harvest
- Deluded Throwing Blade
- Greedy Atlatl
- Refined Hurlbat
- Nudge, Dawn of the South
- Fury, Executioner of the Summoner
- Echo, Tomahawk of Closing Eyes
- Brutality Hurlbat
- Spiteful Boomerang
- Faithful Hurlbat
- Chagrin, Ferocity of Diligence
- Myst, Chakram of the Empty Void
- Jab, Vengeance of Redemption
- Feral Throwing Axe
- Mercenary Chakram
- Darkness Javelin
- Buffet, Pact of Eternal Sorrow
- Crow, Throwing Knife of Mountains
- Insight, Voice of Ending Miser
So, what is the best way to come up with new and cool fantasy names? There’s no easy answer, but here are some things to consider.
- Look through some books.
- Make up your throwing weapon names by yourself.
- Use a name generator.
- Think of words that go together.
- Use the history of the kingdoms.
- Use the geography of the kingdoms.
- Use the weather of the kingdoms.
- Use the legends of the kingdoms.
- Make it all about yourself.
Check out these creative and cool throwing weapon names:
- Fortune’s Tomahawk
- Champion Javelin
- Thunderguard Bolt
- Ditto, Secret of Dark Souls
- Whistle, Atlatl of Riddles
- Mercy, Throwing Knife of Dark Magic
- Arcane Boomerang
- Hollow Throwing Knife
- Yearning Throwing Blade
- Lunge, Edge of Eternal Damnation
- Reverb, Throwing Knife of the Lasting Night
- Jolt, Dart of Storms
- Moonlit Hurlbat
- Hero’s Javelin
- Treachery’s Atlatl
- Scarlet, Secret of Hate
- Reverse, Throwing Knife of Shifting Worlds
- Mist, Conqueror of the Lone Wolf
Throwing weapon names are a lot like fantasy worlds. They are filled with interesting places, adventures, and characters. So, they are naturally full of potential.
You might have heard many names that are already great. But how do you make a good throwing weapon name on your own? You brainstorm unless you fetch something you love.
These throwing weapon name ideas may help you brainstorm more:
- Cold-Forged Tomahawk
- Desolation Tomahawk
- Hailstorm Dart
- Snarl, Champion of the Whispers
- Percussion, Cunning of Necromancy
- Nibbler, Fan of Shifting Worlds
- Apocalypse Tomahawk
- Fiery Harpoon
- Challenger Bolt
- Nudge, Harpoon of Suffering
- Nova, Last Hope of the Void
- Nemo, Call of Hope
- Burnished Atlatl
- Fragile Dart
- Eerie Dart
- Shimmer, Touch of the Banished
- Snack, Oath of Necromancy
- Throwing Axe of Illuminated
If you are writing a fantasy story or science fiction, you will have to name your characters but also fantasize about organizations, religions, races, philosophies, planets, galaxies, nations, and just about anything else you invent!
I cannot fetch you all throwing weapon names to use in your story, but my little guide may help you naming ideas, characters, places, and concepts.
1. One of the good ways to name something is to simply change one or two letters of a real or known throwing weapon name to create something new which is still recognizable, simple, and memorable.
For example, Sarah could become Saral and so forth; the name Jonathan could be Jolothan.
Here are some throwing weapon names examples you can try to change on your own:
- Doom’s Shuriken
- Timeworn Throwing Blade
- Firesoul Throwing Blade
- Pummel, Allegiance of the Banished
- Eclipse, Harpoon of Timeless Battles
- Flux, Bond of the Champion
- Loyal Throwing Blade
- Holy Hurlbat
- Wrathful Harpoon
- Heasbutt, Boon of Eternal Glory
- Gale, Chakram of Conquered Worlds
- Limbo, Boon of Lost Voices
2. Most often fantasy names are usually deeply rooted in the culture and language they come from, like throwing weapon names.
For example, In Scottish, mac means “son of”. You may come up with some words that you use as prefix or suffix to convey some meaning and sprinkle it.
Check out these throwing weapon name and try to put some prefix or suffix with them:
- Honed Tomahawk
- Lonely Throwing Knife
- Firesoul Javelin
- Crimson, Incarnation of the Wind
- Ray, Hurlbat of Dismay
- Bumble, Favor of the Immortal
- Twilight’s Bolt
- Vengeful Shuriken
- Sorcerer’s Atlatl
- Anguish, Shuriken of the Banished
- Twitch, Protector of Ended Dreams
- Blindside, Last Stand of Anguish
3. Consider the prevailing beliefs; philosophical and religious beliefs of the character you are looking a name for.
For example, Christians name their kids after saints, as Paul and Mathew.
The following are some throwing weapon names to help you out:
- Deluded Hurlbat
- Battleworn Tomahawk
- Wind’s Shuriken
- Thwack, Dart of the Covenant
- Gust, Annihilation of Denial
- Bumble, Dart of the Plague
- Shadow Shuriken
- Conqueror’s Bolt
- Soldier’s Atlatl
- Comet, Defender of the Whispers
- Ditto, Javelin of Insanity
- Uppercut, Cunning of Eternal Rest
4. Robotic characters will not have names that are culturally related or derived.
They can be anything you choose to say, such as:
- Runed Boomerang
- Oathkeeper’s Dart
- Spectral-Forged Shuriken
- Shimmer, Dart of Hatred
- Oblivion, Destruction of Misery
- Anguish, Bolt of Conquered Worlds
- Blood Infused Atlatl
- Judgement Throwing Blade
- Furious Boomerang
- Plunge, Throwing Axe of Illuminated Dreams
- Splinter, Protector of the Lasting Night
- Lurch, Ender of Broken Families
5. If you are naming a place, rather than people, you should know that often places are named after people.
It is also common to name public buildings on the name of history heroes, people who made them, or some important personality who once visited them.
Below are some of the good throwing weapon names to quickly scroll through to get more ideas:
- Vengeful Throwing Blade
- Cursed Throwing Axe
- Recruit’s Hurlbat
- Slug, Breaker of the End
- Descent, Bringer of the Lost
- Ditto, Ravager of the Sky
- Thunderfury Throwing Knife
- Vengeance Tomahawk
- Roaring Throwing Knife
- Lullaby, Chakram of Chaos
- Agony, Token of Secrets
- Ditto, Cunning of Misery