City names are a great way to help your child become more imaginative, and they can be used for gaming, story-making, social media and so much more.
They, however, are a big hassle to think up. Maybe it doesn’t bother you, but for others, it’s a time-consuming process they’d like to skip.
If you are looking for a city name, it can be tough to find something unique. With that in mind, let’s look at some of the most popular city names out there.
Here are the creative names for cities:
Famous City Names
These are the famous names for your city:
Beautiful City Names
Check out these beautiful names for city:
Best City Names
The following are the best city names for you:
So, what is the best way to come up with new and cool fantasy names? There’s no easy answer, but here are some things to consider.
- Look through some books.
- Make up your city names by yourself.
- Use a name generator.
- Think of words that go together.
- Use the history of the kingdoms.
- Use the geography of the kingdoms.
- Use the weather of the kingdoms.
- Use the legends of the kingdoms.
- Make it all about yourself.
Check out these creative and cool city names:
City names are a lot like fantasy worlds. They are filled with interesting places, adventures, and characters. So, they are naturally full of potential.
You might have heard many names that are already great. But how do you make a good city name on your own? You brainstorm unless you fetch something you love.
These city name ideas may help you brainstorm more:
If you are writing a fantasy story or science fiction, you will have to name your characters but also fantasize about organizations, religions, races, philosophies, planets, galaxies, nations, and just about anything else you invent!
I cannot fetch you all city names to use in your story, but my little guide may help you naming ideas, characters, places, and concepts.
1. One of the good ways to name something is to simply change one or two letters of a real or known city name to create something new which is still recognizable, simple, and memorable.
For example, Sarah could become Saral and so forth; the name Jonathan could be Jolothan.
Here are some city names examples you can try to change on your own:
2. Most often fantasy names are usually deeply rooted in the culture and language they come from, like city names.
For example, In Scottish, mac means “son of”. You may come up with some words that you use as prefix or suffix to convey some meaning and sprinkle it.
Check out these city name and try to put some prefix or suffix with them:
3. Consider the prevailing beliefs; philosophical and religious beliefs of the character you are looking a name for.
For example, Christians name their kids after saints, as Paul and Mathew.
The following are some city names to help you out:
4. Robotic characters will not have names that are culturally related or derived.
They can be anything you choose to say, such as:
5. If you are naming a place, rather than people, you should know that often places are named after people.
It is also common to name public buildings on the name of history heroes, people who made them, or some important personality who once visited them.
Below are some of the good city names to quickly scroll through to get more ideas:
These are some related names to your city names: